Spinal Decompression is an Innovative and Effective Alternative to Surgery for Bulging and Herniated Discs ● Spinal decompression is a noninvasive, effective treatment that allows your spinal discs to heal naturally. ● The damage to your spinal discs heal without surgical intervention. Unnecessary disc surgeries can cause further trauma and pain and involve huge expenses and long recovery times. ● Rather than removing parts of the spine to create space for the discs to heal, spinal decompression uses a negative intradiscal pressure. It is a gentle and pain free treatment.
Spinal Decompression Can Help With
● A herniated disc happens when some of the inner gel pushes out of the disc through a break or crack.
● A bulging disc occurs when the disc bulges beyond the available space in the spinal canal.
● A degenerated disc happens when the disc loses fluid or the exterior of the disc tears or cracks.
● Sciatica is a painful condition that occurs when a disc herniation presses on nerves going down the leg. The same thing can happen with arm pain except it is called Cervico-brachial syndrome.
● Disc degeneration is sometimes accompanied by bone spurs (osteophytes), small bone growths that protrude from the vertebrae.
We offer spinal decompression to restore your spinal discs to a healthy and operational condition. Spinal discs provide cushioning between the vertebrae in your spine. They have two parts, a tough round exterior made of collagen fibers, and an inner network of fibers contained in a protein gel. Your spine contains 23 of these discs. When any of these discs are damaged, you may develop a painful and sometimes permanent condition that interferes with normal nervous system function.
Spinal decompression works by gradually stretching and creating space in the spinal column. This relieves the pressure on your discs, allowing them to retract. The flow of nutrients, water, and oxygen into the disc tissue promotes natural healing. Over a period of several weeks you will be given specific core balancing and strengthening exercises to be performed along with the decompression, so you will be able to resume your normal daily activities without re-injury.